An important new inquiry into finding the best funding solution for social care has been launched by the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee.
The inquiry, which is being chaired by Rt Hon The Lord Forsyth of Drumlean, is inviting idea submissions on how the social care system can be improved.
The Committee is seeking answers to the following questions:
- What are the funding challenges for social care in England, and how can they be overcome?
- Why have successive Governments been reluctant to address challenges in the delivery of social care?
- How can a sustainable funding model for social care supported by a diverse and stable market be created?
- How can the cost of the provision of social care be fairly distributed?
- What lessons can be learnt from elsewhere in the UK, or from other countries, in how they approach social care?
The deadline for the submission of written evidence is 9 October 2018