The eight finalists competing for the title of WorldSkills UK Health and Social Care Champion 2018 are announced today. WorldSkills UK is part of the world’s largest vocational training competition and this year’s final will take place in front of over 80,000 people at WorldSkills UK Live, which is being held at Birmingham’s NEC on 15th – 17th of November.
The competition aims to find the best adult health and social care students and workers in the country. During the five qualifying heats, students and trainees from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales demonstrated their health and care sector skills in a mix of written tests and live activities, devised by competition Organising Partner The Association for Care, Training & Assessment Networks, (ACTAN), to replicate situations which health and social care workers would be expected to face in their everyday roles.
This year’s finalists are:
- Vikki Thompson – Derwentside College
- Molly Evans – Wigan and Leigh College
- Jane Woodall – Wigan and Leigh College
- Abiola Lugboso – The Rotherham NHS Trust
- Charlotte Heal – South Devon College
- Lauren Stansbie – University College Birmingham
- Sorcha Downey – Southern Regional College
- Hadewych de Wit – South West College