The latest workforce intelligence from Skills for Care, using data from the National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC) is presented in an updated report.
Highlighted statistics from the report:
- The number of adult social care jobs in England was estimated at 1.55 million – an increase of 40,000 jobs (3%) from 2013.
- The number of people doing these jobs was estimated at 1.48 million.
- The number of full-time equivalent jobs was estimated at 1.18 million.
- An estimated 18,000 organisations spread across 39,500 establishments were involved in providing or organising adult social care in England.
- Since 2009, the workforce continues to shift away from local authority jobs (-27% and -50,000 jobs) and towards independent sector jobs (+23% and 225,000 jobs).
The Skills for Care Workforce development Team have also produced a series of 2 page summary reports for each local authority area in England. These reports give an overview of the adult social care workforce in each area, available from the same location as the main report .